Serves: 4-6 as a starter or side salad - 2 as a main meal
- 8 rashers of good quality, dry cured smoked, streaky bacon, chopped into 4cm strips
- Two organic, free range cooked chicken breast roughly chopped into 1cm strips
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ ripe avocado cut into chunky pieces
- Your favourite salad leaves - works well with baby spinach and rocket for me, but any will do.
- 1-2 teaspoons of Manuka honey
- A glug of balsamic vinegar
- A teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- A glug of good EV olive oil
- Chop avocado, tomato and add to the sald leaves in a large bowl.
- Fry bacon gently in a dry pan until fat runs from it and it is crispy, but not burnt (patience is key here - don’t get the pan too hot or it will burn and taste rubbish!)
- Add the cooked chicken and stir around for 30 seconds so it gets well acquainted with the bacon
- Add manuka honey, mustard, a glug of balsamic and EV olive oil, a good grind of salt and pepper and stir together with chicken and bacon off the heat, but whilst the pan is still hot.
- Add the contents of the pan to the sald bowl and toss around.
- Serve with some warm crusty bread